Wednesday, September 24, 2008

And Now a WTF moment.

WTF? [Web Rumor]

I never thought I would be against something like this. However, I just can't see it happening. AMERICAN PYSCHO: the musical may be coming to a broadway theatre near you.

Like Dirty Dancing was not enough. American Pyscho's Patrick Bateman (played very well in the film version by Christian Bale) is probably one of the best on screen villians in movie history. And there is a voice inside of my head saying that the move from celluloid to the live stage might be good for the characters and Bret Easton Ellis's story---

But do we really want this. I mean, Sweeney Todd was written for the stage. It works.

American Pyscho (the book) reads like stereo instructions. How do you tranlate that into a live stage play, let alone a musical? Where would one begin?

The musical influence of 80s pop fueling Patrick Bateman's pyschotic excesses might be actually entertaining to see live on stage. But, if it ain't broke and its been done before, why try to fix it and do this again.

I don't know. Once again the entertainment world has me shaking my head.

Leave this movie alone. Please.

No comments: