A lot of cinema from 2008 is now available for rental or purchase. And I predict that I will be doing a lot more renting this year. Truthfully, I think I am above the hype of it all, and so far I have not seen anything trailer wise to look forward too.
That said, here is my top 5 reasons to stay home with a rental.
5. Pineapple Express Very Funny film. I could not stop laughing. So much so, that I had too recommend the film to my biggest supporter, my mom. She is going to love the antics of James Franco and Seth Rogan, I am almost sure of it.
4. Jersey Girl Ok Ok. I liked it. It was not Kevin Smith's finest hour, but I do believe the film had a lot of heart. The little girl was adorable, and a liked the clever way Sweeney Todd was included into the plot.
3. The Midnight Meat Train A bloody good show. Atmospherically terrifying and definitely gross. I will never ride an El or Metra Train by myself again. Clive Barker is back in horror and this movie proves it.
2. War Inc. Bizarre characters and an even more plot, though not far fetched. This movie made me think about the nature of what runs our government and the real reasons behind the scenes of things.
1. Zack and Miri This was actually heartwarming. I actually cared what happened to Zack and Miri. The only thing I did not like was that the film seemed to end so abruptly. I mean, do they ever finish the porno? Of course, the movie isn't a Titanic quality star crossed love story. It was to realistic for that bullshit.
Well, thus ends my personal trip down memory lane. What is yours?