Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Getting "Nailed"

I'm a huge fan of Jake Gyllenhaal, and have been keeping tabs on his latest film Nailed for a while. The concept of it is great. After a local waitress (played by Jessica Biel) has a nail driven into her skull in an accident, her personality changes drastically. She goes to Washington D.C. where her cause is supported by a young up-and-coming senator. Romance occurs. Awesome.
Too bad this movie keeps getting delayed! I'm fearing I'll never see it. So far, it's been shut down three time, mostly because they've run out of funds. The director, who previously did I Heart Huckabees, seems like he can't hold it together. I hope it doesn't end up like Terry Gilliam's Don Quixote, because Nailed sounds like a hit. It just goes to show how hard it is for independent filmmakers to get their voice out there. Even after the success of I Heart Huckabees, director David O. Russell still can't fund his movie. It's easier for veterans George Lucas and Stephen Speilberg to make the mediocre Indiana Jones than for Russell to make something that is probably much better than the summer blockbuster. I hope it gets made, because I think we all need a little more Jake in our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The film starts filming again tomorrow.