Saturday, May 10, 2008

WTF?!: Donnie Darko 2

My roommate is obsessed with Perez Hilton and his blog. I often come home from work and she has some interesting Hollywood tidbit about so-and-so and a sex tape and I tell her to read a book. But last night, as I typed away on my laptop, she called for me to come into her room. "I have something for you to read, and you're not going to like it!" My ears perked, and I scurry over to her room.

And there it is, just sitting there on her huge-ass Mac screen. They're making a Donnie Darko 2. Why God, why of all the moderate success stories in Hollywood you have to make a sequel to my movie? Donnie Darko is the film that got me into studying film on a critical level. And now stupid-ass people have decided to shove a knife into my back and produce S. Darko, a story about Donnie's little sister Samantha and her bestest buddy on a road trip. And they see weird shit! Maybe even huge bunny rabbits named Frank! No Richard Kelly, no Jake. I don't even know what to do or say about this project. I'm just saying, this is the same studio that plans to produce a film called Garfield's Fun Fest. I kind of want to throw up all over it and then cry in a corner.

WTF...

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

One of my closests friends introduced me to Donnie Darko long ago. Man, this is a movie that still disturbs me on many levels. That is hard to do nowadays.

This sequel is going to suck. Let us just accept it and move on.