Tuesday, May 6, 2008

IRON MAN is da Bomb!

I just saw Iron Man with Robert Downey Jr, Terrence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Jeff Bridges, and I was blown away by the fact that it was actually a entertaining film.

The story of billionaire playboy turned superhero is not unfamiliar to todays movie going audience (Hello Batman). Robert's portrayal of Stark is true to comic and life. He is a sarcastic, flirtatious, and brutally magnetic (meaning cute). I actually found myself checking out Robert Downey Jr's butt in a few scenes. I mean, he was totally buff and hot.

Anyway, the storyline: Tony Stark, boy genius turned jet setting billionare, is kidnapped by Afgani terrorist who try to use him to make a weapon. Stark is mortally wounded in the capture, and must wear a battery operated magnate in his chest to keep the shrapnel from his heart.

He creates a suite of armor that allows him to be able to defeat the terrorist and escape. However, his real enemy (played by Jeff Bridges), lies at the homefront.

All ready with a crisis of conscience, Stark decides to give up making weapons all together. He forages a better suite and uses it to fight those who would use his technology for injustice.

Ok. That synopsis sucked. I still have visions of Robert Downey Jr's body in my head. I am such a girl.

Anyway, the chemistry between Gwyneth and Robert on screen is very organic. The seem to have a natural reporte with one another. Terrence Howard is a great actor, but should have been allowed more screen time and more lines. He used his supporting actor role time well however.

The special effects were off the chain (that means great). Iron Man in the sky being chased by F-14s is as memorable as any car chase I have ever seen on screen.

The movie is a lot of fun. Go see it and have a blast.

Don't take it serious if you are not into comic books. And if you are, hey, it is better than all the X pictures and THE SHADOW and John Woo's HULK.

By the way, look for the INCREDIBLE HULK Trailer starring Liv Tyler and Edward Norton (another man I fantasize about).

2 comments:

Amy D. said...

I'm going to have to agree on this one. I never thought Robert Downey Jr. was sexy until I saw him in a suit made of iron. It was a great start to the summer movie season.

Jacqueline said...

Amen, sister.