Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Top 20 of 2007

Though I realize this is about three weeks late now, I figured it's better late than never to throw up my year-end best-of list. So, without further ado, my top 20 films of 2007.

20. Before The Devil Knows You're Dead

19. Southland Tales

18. I Am Legend

17. Charlie Wilson's War

16. The Brave One

15. The Mist

14. Black Snake Moan

13. Shoot 'Em Up

12. There Will Be Blood

11. The King Of Kong: A Fistful Of Quarters

10. Michael Clayton

9. Once

8. The Diving Bell & The Butterfly

7. Grindhouse

6. Superbad

5. Gone Baby Gone

4. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street

3. Wristcutters: A Love Story

2. No Country For Old Men

1. Into The Wild

Honorable Mentions: "I'm Not There", "Paris Je T'aime", "Zodiac", "Enchanted", "Breach", "Juno", "Rocket Science", "Transformers"

3 comments:

Amy D. said...

Wow, is it sad that I'm a film major and I've seen less than half of those movies? I suck.

alexandra said...

Really? Juno didn't make the cut? Well, I can see it _is_ a bit straight-froward. And witty dialogue can't carry the film alone.. But I would like to add that I've experienced a tremendous after-effect... I've been saying "fo' shizz" and "totes" ever since christmas, the day I saw the movie. And for that, I thank Diablo Cody.

Dominick M. said...

Juno was #21. I think I need to see it again, because it's highly possible that I'm just sick of people professing it to be the funniest movie, like, EVERS. You know, like Napoleon Dynamite.