Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gotham Knights

I'm a huge nerd. When my friend Cory texted me about Batman: Gotham Knights, I squealed like a pig in a trash heap. DC Comics is putting out six animated shorts by Japanese directors and American comic book writers (think Ani-Matrix) that supposedly tie together Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I've only found the offical DC release plug for it on Batman On Film, but it's also on YouTube:

It looks pretty awesome. I'm pretty pumped. Scratch that, really pumped. There's some concept drawings of Batman done by the different artists on the video, as well as some drawings of the villians featured in the shorts. Scarecrow, Killer Croc, and Deadshot. Motherflippin' Deadshot. It should make for a good DVD. The graphic novelization of it comes out in April, while the actual DVD is projected for June. I found a picture of the graphic novel cover somewhere online, but now I can't find it. Honestly, I can't wait until June. Too much good stuff is coming out this summer.

No comments: