Monday, July 28, 2008

WTF, indeed: Rocky Horror Remake

This is just a rumor (from the web) only, but Hollywood may indeed be up to no good in remaking this particular cult classic.

Yes I am talking about The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and I am disgusted. Why does Hollywood seem to be cranking second rate remakes of classic films. Someone should stand up and say this is wrong, just wrong.

Let's lay out all the factors. The original movie launched the career of Tim Curry (who will always be known to me as Frankenfurter) the sweet transvestite from Transexual Transylvania. Susan Sarandon, is another star from the film plays the lovely Janet Weiss and has gone on to do quite well in movies and television.

The music is timeless. I still catch myself singing along whenever I pop the CD in my car stereo.

And not to mention for generations of people who felt ousted and neglected by uptight contemporary conservative culture, this film was a good release and a place where they could be themselves.

Midnight showings are still happening everywhere.

This is a tragedy or will be if this film gets remade.

No comments: