Monday, January 5, 2009

WTF?!: Hotwheels movie

I feel bad about not posting as much. Between the three writing jobs I have, my real job, and my overall laziness I forget to let the world know about the awful shit that people are trying to release. But never fear! I am back with a new atrocity to film.

Mattel has announced that they would like to produce a movie based on their popular toy Hotwheels. You know, those small-ass cars that are fun for a while but then you just end up stepping on them everywhere? Although no set ideas have been made as far as plot goes, Mattel is starting preproduction soon. I'm not sure how this movie would exactly work. Transformers and G.I. Joe have a built-in plot. There's conflict, villainry, and action. What the fuck to Hotwheels do? Mattel says they don't want the cars to talk a la Knight Rider, so anything cool and robotic like that is out. As far as I remember, I just put the cars on those tracks you could buy and let them flip around and do loops and shit. Is that going to be the movie? Just some handsome fella (I say maybe Zac Efron?) putting cars on elaborate tracks and letting them crash into each other? JoBlo had some good ideas for other toy-based movies that are worth a look.

But regardless, WTF?!

1 comment:

Dominick M. said...

We live in a world where nobody liked "The Spirit," so this isn't that surprising.